Senior Planning Analyst
PM3 Senior Planning Analyst
Department of Health and Seniors Care
Health Services Commissioning, Resources and Performance
Advertisement Number: 37182
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: September 26, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created from this competition and will be in effect for 12 months. Positions filled from the eligibility list could be term or regular, and be in other departments.
The Health Services Commissioning Branch is responsible for the development, coordination, execution, maintenance, and oversight of accountability for the Department’s commissioning agreements with Service Delivery Organizations and other funded Service Providers. This includes annual accountability agreements, accountability / commissioning letters, continuous service agreements, and service purchase agreements.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Extensive experience in the research, development, evaluation, interpretation and communication of complex policies and procedures, legislation, regulations and/or contracts and agreements
- Experience translating complex business requirements into formal documents and processes
- Experience preparing analytical decision making documents and briefing materials for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Post secondary degree (Master’s preferred) in economics or political science, health care administration, public administration, business, or law. Other combinations of relevant education and experience may be considered
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Strong political acumen
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of effective practices in change management with the ability to manage large scale change initiatives
- Knowledge of commissioning models and their application in the public / health sector
Reporting to the Executive Director, Health Services Commissioning, the Senior Planning Analyst is responsible for researching, analyzing, developing, and implementing policies on commissioning and accountability practices in the health care sector. This position ensures commissioning instruments reflect the legislative, regulatory, policy and planning direction to meet prescribed objectives/outcomes by integrating and aligning the commissioning processes with relevant department / health system business processes.
Advertisement # 37182
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source