Senior Policy Analyst (Various positions available)
PM3 Planning and Program Analyst 3
Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration; Economic Development & Jobs
Advertisement Number: 37729
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: July 2, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to future regular, term or acting status positions subject to staffing approval.
This opportunity will be open until filled and will be used to source candidates at the Planning and Program Analyst 2 (PM2) and Planning and Program Analyst 3 (PM3) level. Candidates without strategic planning and/or project management experience are encouraged to apply as their application may be considered for opportunities at the PM2 level.
To be considered for this competition, you are required to submit an Application Form for screening in addition to a resume.
Note: Only those who submit an Application Form and resume will be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post-secondary education in a social sciences related field. Other combinations of education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience in research, analysis, implementation and/or development of policies and/or programs, including performance measurement, evaluation and data analysis
- Excellent written communication skills with experience producing a variety of documents, such as speaking notes, reports, briefing materials, position papers, authority-seeking documents, research papers, and policy briefs
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate meetings and clearly present complex issues to a variety of audiences
- Strong strategic planning and/or project management skills, with experience leading complex projects in collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop, foster and maintain respectful relationships with diverse external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize and meet competing deadlines
- Strong political acumen with the ability to manage confidential and politically sensitive material and situations in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and embrace innovation with minimal supervision
Detailed position description(s) are available upon request.
The Senior Policy Analyst will be responsible for researching, analysing, reviewing and making recommendations related to policies and programs, and preparing various materials such as advisory notes, speaking notes, correspondence, and other reports and briefing materials. The incumbent will represent the branch on various internal working groups or committees and will coordinate and lead complex projects in collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
Advertisement # 37729
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are required to submit a resume. You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked for references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source