Senior Policy Analyst
PM3 Program and Planning Analyst 3
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Administration and Research, Consumer Protection
Advertisement Number: 40270
Salary(s): PM3 $68,995.00 – $86,717.00 per year
Closing Date: January 23, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established and used for positions that become available over the next 12 months.
The Consumer Protection Division strives to protect the interests of consumers, businesses, the public, landlords and tenants by helping to ensure marketplace interactions are fair and consistent. The Division provides oversight and administration of a wide range of regulated program areas and operates a number of provincial registries, including the vital events registry. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Post-secondary education, preferably at the Master’s level, in Commerce, Business Administration, Law, Public Sector Administration, or Arts (ex. Sociology or Political Science). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience performing research and analysis related to program, policy and/or legislation development using qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Extensive knowledge of the legislative process for creating, amending and repealing legislation and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities with tight timelines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to present information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to prepare a variety of documents for various audiences.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Strong political acumen.
The Policy Analyst is responsible for high-level policy, planning and research work in support of the Division’s legislative, policy, program and strategic initiatives. Duties of this position include leading the development of new and amended legislation, undertaking comprehensive consultations with business, citizen, and consumer stakeholders, conducting consumer-related research and analysis, maintaining databases and organizational knowledge, briefing senior management, providing options and recommendations. This position also develops key documents such as, but not limited to, drafting instructions, authority seeking documents, briefing notes, reports, Ministerial responses and other materials as required.
Advertisement # 40270
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source