Senior Policy and Program Analyst (2 positions)
PM3 Planning and Program Analyst 3
Municipal Governance, Outcomes and Strategic Policy
Advertisement Number: 37603
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: May 24, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments in various locations subject to staffing approval.
Preference to internal applicants may be applied.
Manitoba Municipal Relations supports the building of healthy and sustainable communities. The Outcomes and Strategic Policy Division is seeking qualified candidates to fill two (2) Senior Policy Analyst roles responsible for managing strategic projects and formulating plans, programs and policies towards the delivery of long-term benefits to municipalities and communities. This is the advanced level of policy analyst role where assignments are carried out under minimal direction and work is evaluated on the basis of results produced and objectives attained.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to travel within the province
- Post secondary degree related to Urban/Rural/Regional Planning, Social Science, Finance or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Experience conceptualizing, managing and monitoring municipal service, infrastructure and/or community-development programs, projects and initiatives from start to finish
- Experience conducting research, analysis, evaluation and policy formulation in support of program development and implementation
- Strong written communication skills for preparing various documents for executive decision-makers and various audiences
- Strong verbal communication skills for effectively communicating with various levels of audiences within the organization
- Excellent organizational skillsfor managing competing priorities and multiple caseloads with strict timelines.
- Strong political acumen for navigating sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and provide advice to senior leadership in the organization
- Highly developed interpersonal skills for building and maintaining positive working relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information (including financial plans, financial information returns, and audited financial statements)
- Background or knowledge of grants administration, and funding policy and programs
- Knowledge of outcomes, performance measures and Balanced ScoreCard System
You will be responsible for formulating, implementing and monitoring strategic community and/or municipal projects, programs and special initiatives related to municipal administration and finance, grants management and service delivery while working within a team environment. You will be a senior resource to the Branch in providing advice, analysis and recommendations on the effectiveness of these projects and initiatives within the context of the Branch’s goals and mandate. You will develop position papers, ministerial speeches, correspondence, submissions, and other forms of communication for senior leadership and various stakeholders. You may be called upon to supervise the work of junior policy analysts or lead project teams in the above activities as required.
Advertisement # 37603
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source