Senior Policy and Program Analyst
PM3 Planning and Program Analyst 3
Municipal Governance and Advisory Services, Municipal Assessment and Advisory Services
Advertisement Number: 37325
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: June 13, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be established to fill similar positions within the department and will remain in effect for 12 months
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary degree in Public Administration, Economics, Finance, or Political Science. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Experience conducting research and analysis to support the development of policy, programs and initiatives using quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Extensive knowledge of the legislative process for creating, amending and repealing legislation and regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaborating, building and maintaining strong working relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced written communication skills and experience writing a variety of reports, briefing materials, correspondence and authority seeking documents
- Verbal communication skills for effectively articulating ideas and complex information
- Strong political acumen and the ability to manage confidential and politically sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and display initiative to independently manage projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure to manage multiple priorities and tight timelines
Reporting to the Manager of Policy and Legislation within the Municipal Governance Branch, the Policy and Program Analyst is responsible for initiating, developing, implementing and reviewing program and policy options and special initiatives, while working within a team environment. This position provides advice, analysis and recommendations to senior government and departmental officials on the effectiveness of municipal policies, projects, and initiatives related to municipal administration, finance and service delivery. This position contributes to the research and development of legislative and regulatory amendments, as well as managing projects within the Branch.
Advertisement # 37325
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source