Senior Project Engineer
EG3 Engineer 3
Highway Regional Operations – Region 3 & 4, Technical Services & Operations
Dauphin MB, Brandon MB
Advertisement Number: 37490
Salary(s): EG3 $74,404.00 – $94,528.00 per year
Closing Date: June 3, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be a registered member (or eligible for registration) with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Must have a Bachelor-level degree in Engineering (Civil) or equivalency recognized by Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence and be able to travel frequently to work sites within the Province by ground and/or air transportation.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor rough terrain environment in both winter and summer months.
- Must be able to work extended hours for periods of time as projects demands.
- Directly related experience with roadway design and construction.
- Experience with contract preparation.
- Experience in financial tracking, reporting and expenditure control as it relates to project management.
- Knowledge of human resource practices (i.e. training and development, coaching, labour relations, conflict resolution, etc.).
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and courteously with other employees, the general public, contractors, provincial departments, agencies and stakeholders.
- Ability to plan and organize staff.
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
Reporting to the Regional Construction Engineer (CE) ,the Senior Project Engineer (SPE) is responsible for assisting the Regional Construction Engineer in the delivery of the Region’s Capital Infrastructure Program and assigned portions of the Highway Preservation Program. The SPE is responsible for managing multiple/major and advanced engineering projects from inception to completion, including preliminary project planning, design, tender preparation, and construction management and post-construction evaluation, including management of manpower and other resources.
Advertisement # 37490
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source