Senior Project Manager – Information Management
XO3 Administrative Officer 3
Department of Families
Corporate Compliance and Risk Management Management, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Advertisement Number: 37963
Salary(s): XO3 $57,344.00 – $71,586.00 per year
Closing Date: July 29, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory child abuse registry check
- Must provide a current and satisfactory adult abuse registry check
- Post Secondary education in a related field ie. Information / Records Management; Law. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Extensive experience analyzing issues related to applications received in accordance with The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), and some understanding of The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), and The Archives and Recordkeeping Act, The Ombudsman Act
- Experience working within project management principles
- Experience working with information Governance/Management principles, methods, techniques and standards
- Ability to provide sound guidance and advice in relation to privacy issues and breaches, conduct privacy impact assessments, and audit records of user access
- Knowledge of legal framework and jurisprudence in the province related to information access rights, privacy, and of current trends and issues in these areas
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation
- Proven ability to provide leadership and work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with effective interpersonal & diplomacy skills
- Ability to work under pressure, handle urgent situations effectively and meet critical deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and superior analytical ability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Outlook)
- Experience developing and facilitating training
Under the general direction of the Director, Corporate Compliance and Risk Management, the Senior Project Manager – Information Management is responsible for establishing and maintaining an Information Management program, inclusive of access and privacy elements, by providing leadership in the formation and management of this IM program for the organization. Responsible for providing full-time specialist leadership on difficult or complex planning for the entire organization and its associated external agencies; will research, analyze, plan and lead implementation and evaluation of an IM program for all paper-based, digital and intellectual information assets.
Advertisement # 37963
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source