Senior Strategic Associate
P10 Professional Officer 10
Strategic Initiatives, Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 37668
Salary(s): P10 $82,480.00 – $101,998.00 per year
Closing Date: June 12, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Successful candidates may be placed on an eligibility list to be considered for similar regular, term, or departmental positions that become available within the next 12 months.
At the full working level, this position is classified at the Professional Officer 10 (P10) classification. In order to be appointed to the full working level, the incumbent is required to meet the full qualifications for the position. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered on a developmental basis up to and including the Professional Officer 9 (P9) classification (salary range: $76,087.00 – $93,601.00 per year). Successful candidates hired on a developmental basis will be trained and developed to meet the requirements to obtain the full working level of the position.
Treasury Board Secretariat is a key central agency in leading Manitoba’s journey to fiscal sustainability. Treasury Board Secretariat provides financial and analytical support and strategic management advice to the Minister of Finance and Treasury Board. Treasury Board is a sub-committee of Cabinet responsible for the overall fiscal management and reporting of the Manitoba government and the establishment of policies required for the effective management of public funds to meet government objectives.
The Project Management and Implementation unit of Strategic Initiatives is responsible primarily for managing public tenders resulting from the work of the Program Review unit of Strategic Initiatives, which conducts reviews of government programs and entities to determine their effectiveness and recommends changes. The work of the Project Management and Implementation unit includes drafting Request-for-Proposals (RFP) documents, evaluating technical and pricing proposals, directly negotiating with proponents and managing closing procedures and transition of service in collaboration with the Department(s) and the contract manager(s). This highly collaborative unit works closely with internal and external stakeholders, including Departments, internal and internal legal counsel, consultants, human resources and labour relations to deliver value for money and better service for Manitobans.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Province, Canada, and internationally.
- Post secondary education with a focus on finance, economics, or business administration; Master’s level degree is preferred. Other equivalent combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience developing conceptual organizational, financial or statistical models for alternate service delivery.
- Extensive experience undertaking quantitative and qualitative research, such as complex financial and/or program analysis, evaluation or review, including the relevance and impact of government policies.
- Experience analyzing complex problems, evaluating impacts and implementation challenges, and providing recommendations and/or creative alternate solutions.
- Experience mapping organizational policies and processes and identifying efficiencies and improvements.
- Experience successfully managing projects.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent oral communication with the ability to effectively deliver presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with a team and engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Experience in change management processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of government organization and financial processes.
- Experience in public procurement and/ or contact negotiation.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerBI, Microsoft Project.
The Senior Strategic Associate is accountable for the delivery of extensive internal and external research, analyses, trade- off studies, creative solution options, business cases and implementation/execution plans for streamlining and/or reorganization of entities of the government. The Associate will utilize modelling tools to prepare financial and organizational models to present options to decision makers. Once a decision has been made, the Associate will be responsible for implementing the decision and managing the project to its completion. The Associate’s responsibilities include understanding the implications associated with government-wide fiscal management, and effectively balancing central government’s requirements and departmental expectations for each issue being addressed, and encouraging an understanding and consensus among numerous government personnel. The Associate must maintain a corporate perspective on issues and develop recommendations with full consideration of various alternatives, factors and the needs of all departments and central government.
Advertisement # 37668
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
About the Government of Manitoba:
The Manitoba government offers rewarding careers to its employees who deliver hundreds of programs and services to the public. The government has a wide variety of departments, reflecting over 700 different types of jobs, located in communities across the province. We are an employer that has a commitment to integrity, respect, diversity, inclusion and advancing reconciliation. In 2020, the Manitoba government has once again been selected as one of Manitoba’s Top Employers, one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. The Manitoba government has a
committed, caring and creative workforce that is passionate about contributing to and improving services to our communities and the lives of Manitobans.
The province of Manitoba is home to almost 1.3 million people who have a well-deserved reputation for being among the friendliest in Canada. No matter what your interests are, Manitoba offers everything from Polar Bear expeditions to gallery tours. Our capital city, Winnipeg, has a population of over 700,000 and is located at the geographic centre of North America. Home to the world-renowned Royal Winnipeg Ballet, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights and the NHL’s Winnipeg Jets, Winnipeg is one of Canada’s most historic and beautiful cities. Offering you four distinct seasons and the highest number of sunlight hours in Canada, you are guaranteed to find the life you’re looking for in Manitoba.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source