Senior Traffic Signals Technician
SG2 Signal Technician 2
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Road Safety / Traffic Engineering, Engineering & Technical Services Division
Advertisement Number: 38989
Salary(s): SG2 $65,113.00 – $72,689.00 per year
Closing Date: May 6, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Traffic Engineering branch enhances the safety and efficiency of vehicular and pedestrian traffic on the provincial highway network by providing specialized traffic, operations, engineering support, standards and data.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a Journeyman Electrician’s “H” license or Limited Construction Electrician’s “J” license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 license, and successfully obtain a class 3 license with airbrake endorsement within 12 months of employment with provided training.
- Must be able to be on call 24 hours a day for 1 week periods on a roating basis, work alone, and travel throughout the province to various worksites by air and land.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (hot cold, dusty, windy), in uneven terrain, and on elevated platforms up to 15 meters high.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position including bending, lifting up to 75 lbs, and wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Electrical construction experience installation of 120/240 volt electrical Services.
- Experience in preventative and emergency maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Experience working with traffic signals.
- Knowledge of the various acts, regulations, and codes governing electrical work in Manitoba.
- Ability to successfully coordinate work on multiple projects under tight timelines.
- The ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, and plans for electrical / electronic circuity.
- Effective leadership skills with ability to ensure quality, productivity and promote safety throughout a working group.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with MS Office, and other computer programs.
Reporting to the Senior Traffic Signals Project Supervisor, the Senior Technician is responsible for carrying out the preventative and emergency maintenance programs and to install, maintain, and modify various electrical systems and traffic control devices. This position is responsible for the supervision of junior signal technicians.
Advertisement # 38989
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source