Senior Watershed Planner
RP3 Resource Planner 3
Agriculture and Resource Development
Water, Ecosystem Management
Brandon MB, Winnipeg MB, Carman MB
Advertisement Number: 38074
Salary(s): RP3 $64,304.00 – $81,061.00 per year
Closing Date: September 30, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar full-time regular or term positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This position can be based out of Winnipeg, Carman or Branon, Manitoba.
Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Senior Watershed Planner within the Water Branch. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
- Must be willing and able to travel within Manitoba, including overnight stays as required
- Graduation from a recognized post secondary environmental studies, resource or ecosystem management or natural resources management program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of watershed management principles, watershed planning, conservation and resource management legislation, programming and policy in Manitoba
- Extensive experience related to ecosystem function and/or landscape ecology and experience in applying a watershed-based, integrated approach
- Experience in program administration including budgeting, financial governance, reporting and administration
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills including ability to analyze and evaluate plans, programs and projects, and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Strong verbal communication skills with experience delivering presentations to a variety of audiences including those who may be hostile
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience developing consensus within groups of varying opinions and facilitating discussions between diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong written communications skills with experience writing clear and concise reports and correspondence
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills with experience guiding junior staff through programs or projects
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple work files, establish priorities, and manage time
Reporting to the Manager of Watershed Districts and Programs, the incumbent is responsible for leading section program and planning projects related to the Watershed Districts Program, integrated watershed management planning, and other watershed-based provincial priority projects. The purpose of this position is to provide professional planning support and watershed management expertise to promote sustainable watershed-based activities and planning that improve the health of Manitoba’s watersheds. This position provides advice and guidance to watershed planner work in the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the Watershed Districts Program, integrated watershed management planning, and related watershed-based programming across Manitoba.
Advertisement # 38074
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source