SP1 Social Services Worker 1
Department of Families
Winnipeg Child and Family Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 39674
Salary(s): SP1 $46,791.00 – $54,602.00 per year
Closing Date: September 24, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
This competition may also be used to appoint successful candidates to future acting status or regular appointments subject to staffing approval.
Winnipeg Child and Family Services (WCFS) provides a comprehensive continuum of child protection and family support services in Winnipeg in accordance with The Child and Family Services Act and The Adoption Act. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Service Assistant. Winnipeg Child and Family Services partners with community to provide supportive and preventive services to families; provides protection services to children at risk of abuse and neglect; develops and provides basic and specialized placement services to meet the needs of children in care; provides preservation and reunification services to families; and provides adoptive and post-adoptive services along with guardianship responsibilities to children, youth and families when reunification is no longer an option.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector check, Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Check
- Valid Driver’s license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel within Winnipeg
- Related social services Diploma and/or combination of education and experience working in a social services environment.
- Experience providing direct support services to children and families.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and establish working relationships with children and families.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft office: Word, Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act.
Reporting to the unit Supervisor, the Service Assistant is a member of the Family Finding team providing assistance to the Case Manager in the performance of their duties. Under the direction of the Child and Family Services Worker the Service Assistant provides a variety of support services, directly and indirectly to families and children in care within the mandate of the Child and Family Services Act. The incumbent will also provide program support to the unit.
Advertisement # 39674
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source