Service Manager / Director
P10 Professional Officer 10
6 months with possibility for extension
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Operations
Advertisement Number: 37793
Salary(s): P10 $82,480.00 – $101,998.00 per year
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit an Application Screening Form. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below. If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form.
Cover letters and resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the application form.
The Government of Manitoba is looking for progressive and trusted leaders responsible for leading innovative and transformative services, programs, initiative and policies, with an interest in working in a leadership role in the public service.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Some positions may require provision and maintenance of a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Some positions may require the ability to work overtime including evenings and weekends as required
- Post-secondary education in public administration, business administration or other related social science. An equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience may be considered
- Strong leadership skills and experience for the purpose of providing direct and indirect supervision of team members, including creating, supporting and sustaining an environment that enables staff, ensuring quality of work through coaching and managing attendance and performance issues
- Experience with managing and coordinating operations
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders by building rapport to obtain objectives and resolving conflict as required
- Experience leading complex projects, providing clear, concise direction, translating strategic priorities into clear operational and business plans and measuring success
- Strong analytical experience including the ability to provide strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues
- Solid judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to anticipate potential problems and take action to mitigate any consequences
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to make formal and informal presentations to a variety of audiences
- Excellent written communication skills with experience preparing documents such as; briefing materials and decision seeking documents, accurately and comprehensively
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Successful candidates will be provided with an opportunity for consideration for term opportunities in multiple areas of the organization to provide exposure to planning, program development or operational delivery support.
Advertisement # 37793
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source