SK1-2 Service Worker 1 & 2
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Selkirk Mental Health Centre/Transition
Advertisement Number: 36862
Salary(s): SK1-2 $16.25 – $21.51 per hour
Closing Date: November 27, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is looking for a casual Service Workers to join their team. SMHC is a 252-bed facility located in the City of Selkirk that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba. For more information see www.gov.mb.ca/health/smhc.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search
- A satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must be physically able to perform duties as assigned, including: heavy lifting and/or carrying, working on feet for extended periods of time, working at heights and/or in varying environmental conditions (inside, outside, high humidity).
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts and flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Must be willing and able to work in all buildings and/or areas throughout the Centre.
- Experience in housekeeping and/or experience in food services, including food preparation and/or experience in providing transportation services
- Experience using cleaning equipment and/or supplies in a safe and efficient manner
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team
- Knowledge of cleaning practices and equipment
- Knowledge of safe food handling techniques, preparation and equipment
- Possess a valid Class 5 Manitoba driver’s licence with the ability to upgrade to Class 4
Service Workers provide services to patients, staff and community partners of Selkirk Mental Health Centre including: a clean environment, food service, porter/laundry services, supply replenishment, equipment maintenance, transportation and security. Support Service Workers demonstrate a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of SMHC including a strong commitment to patient safety.
Advertisement # 36862
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source