Reporting to the Service Manager, the Service Writer will provide outstanding customer service by answering calls from customers, ascertaining equipment performance problems, and scheduling timely service and repair to resolve customer issues. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Serve customers through timely, professional and courteous response to service calls;
2. Assess customers’ needs through effective questioning to create a detailed Work Order that communicates the customers’ needs to the service technician;
3. Answer customer questions and assist customers in diagnosing equipment issues using vendor product manuals and questioning service technicians and sales staff;
4. Schedule service calls and ensure that all Service Technicians have a full schedule daily;
5. Create and organize Work Orders using computer system (e.g GP, Service Manager and Salespad);
6. Work with Service Technicians and Service Manager to actively recommend preventative maintenance programs to customers;
7. Work with the sales team to schedule Service Technicians required to perform tasks assigned by the sales team;
8. Work with Purchasing department to ensure proper parts are stocked and inventory levels are maintained;
9. Invoicing customers daily, ensuring that costs for the Work Order have been accounted for and billed accurately (parts, mileage, time, etc.)
10. Perform various administrative duties including approving timesheets, exporting invoices, emailing office staff and customers, tracking parts, etc.;
11. Work with Service Manager to increase service department efficiency.
– Minimum Grade 12 education or GED equivalent;
– Excellent communication skills with a strong sense of customer service; friendly and willing to serve/help;
– Proficient working knowledge of windows-based computer programs and MS Office;
– Ability to perform in stressful situations;
– Excellent interpersonal skills;
– Highly motivated and enthusiastic;
– Great team player and able to work with people from various departments;
– Good decision-making abilities;
– Mature attitude with strong ethics and honesty;
– Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
– Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Demonstrated knowledge of agricultural equipment and related environments and working conditions; Previous experience in the agriculture industry is preferred;
– Mechanical aptitude;
Physical and Environmental Requirements of Job:
This position allows freedom of movement with periodic sitting, walking and standing. Lifting over 50 lbs is not required.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source