Services and Contracts Engineer
EG4 Engineer 4
Tendering and Contracts Branch, Infrastructure, Capital Projects Division
Advertisement Number: 37390
Salary(s): EG4 $82,915.00 – $105,346.00 per year
Closing Date: June 27, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
Tendering and Contracts Branch provides expertise, analysis and policy support related to procurement contract administration and contract risk management. Tendering and Contracts Branch conducts procurements of large construction, maintenance and materials contracts and oversees the procurement of consulting and professional services.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Civil preferred) and be registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Engineers and Geoscientist Manitoba (EGM)
- Must have a valid class 5.0 driver’s licence
- Must be able to travel overnight several times per year
- Experience in procurement/tendering of engineering or consulting service provider contracts, and/or highway infrastructure construction contracts.
- Experience in the business of heavy civil infrastructure construction and maintenance, with a preferred combination of planning, design, maintenance and construction.
- Experience in managing human and financial resources.
- Experience in program management, project management or process management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment coordinating complex multidisciplinary projects or initiatives to meet multiple stakeholder’s needs.
- Problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to provide alternatives and recommendations for resolving complex issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workloads under pressure.
- Clear and concise written communication skills when completing reports or correspondence.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use appropriate political accumen and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of ideas and advance contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of government and department procurement policies and practices, and contract law.
The Services and Contracts Engineer is a technical expert and a key team member of the Tendering and Contracts branch with several broad responsibilities vital to successful delivery of branch mandate as well as the provision of services to the Infrastructure, Capital Projects Division, and the Technical Services & Operations Division. These broad responsibilities include:
- Management of the department’s consultant procurement procedure and subject matter expert to the prequalified engineering and consulting services providers established by Central Services.
- Management of the department’s Project Delivery Modernization Initiative, a fully integrated, transferrable, web-based project delivery system for the design and construction of MI’s infrastructure.
- Develop and/or maintain the divisions’ standard construction and engineering services procurement documents (tenders, RFPs, RFQs etc.), standard contract documents, construction specifications, engineering terms of reference and special provisions;
- Provide expert technical advice with respect to procurement, tender and contract administration processes for the divisions’ capital and preservation programs.
- Subcontractor claims management and the provision of information, negotiation or dispute resolution services to regions/branches relating to contract/procurement issues and claims.
Advertisement # 37390
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source