Official Position Title: Universe-Hunkeler Operator
The Universe-Hunkeler Operator is responsible for the operation of a machine that takes flat, digitally printed sheets, and folds, collates and sews these sheets. This process results in a sewn book block which is ready to go to the encasing step. As the Hunkeler Operator, he/she is responsible to unwind the roll of printed paper that is produced by the HP Press.
The successful candidate will work on the 12-hour day shift:
Week 1: 6:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M, Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday.
Week 2: 6:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M, Wednesday and Thursday.
Friesens offers a comprehensive benefit package, employee ownership and profit sharing.
– High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
– Able to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing;
– Ability to work independently and in a team setting;
– Basic computer skills;
– Above average math skills;
– Mechanical aptitude;
– Attention to detail and a critical eye for identifying defects;
– Commitment to quality and safety;
– Advanced problem solving abilities;
– Willing to work rotating shifts on Sunday when equipment is running 24/7;
– Continuous improvement mindset.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
– Work and communicate effectively with the Managers and co-workers;
– Carry out jobs according to the schedule or as directed by the Production Manager;
– Operate the Universe Sewing Machine for quality, efficiency and productivity;
– Understand and carry out the job instructions from information outlined on the docket as well as other sources;
– Request and arrange the various components of the job in advance;
– Set up the machine as required;
– Run sample book blocks, making necessary adjustments;
– Periodic visual and measurement checks;
– Stack book blocks neatly on skids;
– Identify finished lifts with accurate counts;
– Arrange for finished component storage.
– Operate the Hunkeler Unwinder for quality, efficiency and productivity;
– Load roll into Unwinder, Web Unwinder and set guides;
– Communicate effectively with other shifts, both verbally and written;
– Perform machine maintenance as described in the machine maintenance binder and operators manual;
– Practice Friesens safety procedures for equipment and plant situations;
– Punch jobs into PrintStream accurately for timesheet and proper job costing purposes.
Deadline for submission of resumes is October 12, 2020. Incomplete resumes will be disqualified.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source