Shared Services Coordinator
AO2 Administrative Officer 2
Department of Environment, Climate and Parks
Shared Services and Risk Management, Financial and Shared Services
Advertisement Number: 39841
Salary(s): AO2 $57,401.00 – $68,787.00 per year
Closing Date: October 3, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The position is an opportunity for a driven, independent individual to work on a variety of key department-wide programs and initiatives.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post secondary education in Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Management or a related discipline with experience providing administrative support to senior level staff. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to compose documents for senior management.
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in sometimes difficult and challenging situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work cooperatively in a team and with diverse individuals from all levels across a broad department.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to read, understand, comprehend legislation, regulations and policies and implement into department programs and initiative.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet tight deadlines in a stressful environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Pro or equivalent software applications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative.
- Knowledge and experience working with records management and handling sensitive records in an office environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
- Knowledge and/or experience working with Business Continuity Planning tools and techniques.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with The Accessibility for Manitobans Act and developing accessibility strategies in the Government of Manitoba.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages, English and French.
This position reports directly to the Director of the Shared Services and Risk Management Unit. This position coordinates a number of shared service functions for the entire Department of Environment Climate and Parks and Natural Resources and Northern Development, which includes Business Continuity Planning (BCP), French Language Services (FLS), Archives and Records Management, and active support and backup to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FIPPA) Officer. The position must coordinate services required by the Departments of these areas, must participate on department and governmental committees in these areas, and must write memos, letters, reports, and strategies in these areas.
The incumbent meets actively with staff at all levels across the Department. The incumbent works closely with the Emergency Response Organization, the Francophone Affairs Secretariat, the Manitoba Accessibility Office, the Archives of Manitoba Government Recordkeeping, the Information Privacy and Policy Secretariat, the Ombudsman’s Office, and other central agencies.
Advertisement # 39841
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source