Social Services Program Manager
SP5 Social Services Worker 5
Department of Families
Regional Social Services – Parkland Region, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 35862
Salary(s): SP5 $64,721.00 – $87,851.00 per year
Closing Date: February 21, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
For more information about Dauphin, Manitoba, please visit the website of the City of Dauphin.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
The Social Services Program Manager is responsible to directly manage one or more of the following wide range of services: Community Living disABILITY Services, Children’s disABILITY Services, Family Conciliation or Employment and Income Assistance.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, with the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays on occasion
- Post-secondary degree in social sciences (BSW Preferred)
- Leadership experience in a social service delivery environment which includes managing service delivery staff, managing administration of programs, managing service delivery to clients, and planning and evaluation of services delivered to clients. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered at a commensurate or underfill salary and classification level, such as leadership and/or supervisory training
- Strong case management experience in a social service setting
- Experience with interpretation, evaluation and implementation of policies
- Problem identification, analysis and resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Experience in financial management including budgets for operational and program resources
What you will do:
- The Social Services Program Manager is an integral part of the Regional Management Team and is responsible for providing leadership and support in a range of management and supervisory activities associated with the following: service delivery including policy interpretation, integrated case management program recommendations; implementation and evaluation of services; operational planning; financial management and administration; human resource management; systems management; communication; and leadership support to staff through the ongoing integration and change process.
What we offer:
- A career in a helping and caring profession with the ability to make a profound and lasting impact in the lives of people
- A positive work environment where you can build successful and long-lasting professional relationships with co-workers who will share their knowledge and expertise with you
- Every day is different with variety in tasks and challenges
- Training from orientation to on-going professional development within the department of Families that will give you the tools you need to be successful
- The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan.
- Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees
Advertisement # 35862
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source