The Junior Software Developer will develop software applications as directed by the Vice-President of Information Technology.
The successful candidate will work 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Monday – Friday.
Friesens offers a comprehensive benefit package, employee ownership and profit sharing.
– Completed or enrolled in a Professional Information Technology designation;
– Effective English use and comprehension;
– Demonstrated organization, prioritizing, interpersonal, time and stress management skills;
– Ability to troubleshoot, debug and solve problems;
– Continuous learning/improvement mindset;
– Ability to work in a team oriented environment while demonstrating self-management capabilities;
– Skills in Microsoft’s Visual Studio, C# / VB.NET;
– Experience with CSS 3;
– Experience with .NET Core an asset;
– Some experience in Windows application development and/or web development;
– Experience with Microsoft SQL Server;
– Familiarity with agile methodologies and best practices;
– Manual dexterity to use desktop computer and peripherals;
– Willing to work overtime as needed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
– Work on software projects as assigned by the Vice President of Information Technology;
– Develop software that is of high quality;
– Follow industry best practices in the development of consistent & intuitive user interfaces and proper SQL and other code;
– Document software as per current standards used in Friesens’ IT department;
– Consult with and take direction from Senior Developers on coding challenges;
– Balance workflow priorities such as keeping systems operational and assigned software projects.
We expect this position to be filled in early December. Incomplete resumes will be disqualified.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source