IS4 Information Technologist 4
Department of Central Services
Business Transformation & Technology, Business Operations and Strategy
Advertisement Number: 37302
Salary(s): IS4 $71,851.00 – $95,965.00 per year
Closing Date: April 25, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in business analysis, system analysis and solution architecture of complex information systems.
- Experience in project solution estimates including project phasing, resource requirements, infrastructure requirements, long term support requirements, and budget requirements.
- Experience in documenting use cases, functional and technical specifications, project plans, business cases, solution proposals and tendering documents.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate to different levels of the organization.
- Experience in contract management, managing vendors and/or service providers and monitoring service levels and contract obligations.
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies, standards, architectures, and integration patterns.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in leading a team of professionals.
- Practitioner of, or experience with project management methodologies, concepts and frameworks.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Solution Development, the Solution Architect is accountable for describing a complete business solution in terms of business functions, roles, processes, organizational structure, and the relationship to ICT systems that support the business. Solution architecture is a project oriented function that draws principles, processes and models from the Enterprise Architecture. The Solution Architect describes the architecture, design and delivery of tactical and strategic business solutions, and ensures that business requirements are met end-to-end. This position works in a matrix environment and may act as a project team lead or project manager for assigned projects and in that capacity may supervise project team members.
Advertisement # 37302
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source