Speech Language Pathologist (REPOSTED)
LG3 Language Specialist 3
term expires March 31, 2022 with possible extension
Department of Families
Manitoba Developmental Centre, Community Services Delivery
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 37077
Salary(s): LG3 $68,844.00 – $86,603.00 per year
Closing Date: June 9, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Preference to internal applicants may be applied.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must be a licensed member in good standing with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba (CASLPM)
- Registration or eligibility to register with Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC)
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Advanced training/knowledge in the use of specialized communication equipment
- Advanced training/knowledge in the assessment and treatment of dysphagia
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team
- Experience as a Speech Language Pathologist or equivalent
- Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and dual diagnosis
- Knowledge of current trends and issues related to the needs of persons with developmental disabilities
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with team members, residents and their families
- Strong organizational skills to complete tasks and set priorities while working under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills to independently assess treatment matters and determine appropriate resolutions in a dynamic setting
As a core clinical position, the Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for resident assessment and the coordination, clinical supervision and evaluation of services which focus on resident-centred communicative opportunities and/or developmental activities for residents in the Manitoba Developmental Centre. The Speech Language Pathologist provides clinical supervision of the Communication Assistant and acts as a consultant to the various interdisciplinary resident care teams to ensure communication programs and services provided are appropriate.
The incumbent ensures services are in keeping with professional standards of speech language pathology practice and are delivered in a manner that respects the dignity and rights of the residents. Other functions pertaining to this position include matters related to continuous quality improvement, program planning and development, education programs, supervision of students and strategic planning activities in conjunction with a team approach to service delivery.
Advertisement # 37077
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source