Sr Structural Engineer – Revised Salary Scale
EG4 Engineer 4
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Technical Services, Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Advertisement Number: 39632
Salary(s): EG4 $85,506.00 – $108,637.00 per year
Closing Date: September 13, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Capital Projects Planning and Delivery (CPPD) is a division within the Department of Government Services and is responsible for the delivery of all capital projects for the departments of Government Services, Environment, Climate & Parks, Families, Indigenous Reconciliation and Northern Relations, Justice and Municipal Relations. This division of government consists of capital project management and technical staff from several of these included departments, and this team is coming together for the first time to achieve the united mission of the Capital program.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering. Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba (EGM).
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba by ground and air, which may require overnight stays.
- Experience in the structural design of vertical buildings, specifically in regards to foundations and superstructures using concrete, steel, masonry and wood
- Experience performing structural reviews, evaluations and assessments of existing facilities and new construction
- Knowledge of building science and construction as it relates to the building envelope (roof, wall, and foundation) and the work of other building disciplines
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare comprehensive reports with analysis that include conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to discuss complex matters and provided advice to management and stakeholders.
- Experience supervising staff with the ability to establish work priorities, quality standards and resolve work performance issues.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, engineering standards and regulations.
- Software design experience using AUTOCAD and structural design software applications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, maintaining initiative and drive.
Reporting to the Manager, Building Sciences and Structural Engineering, the Senior Structural Engineer provides professional engineering services in support of vertical infrastructure capital project planning and delivery. The senior engineer role will support capital planning functions through facility condition assessments and evaluations, validation and prioritization of requests, and development of project scope and budgets. The Senior Structural Engineer will support capital project delivery during the design and construction by reviewing consultant work at Integrated Design Meetings and through submission reviews, performing select in-house structural design projects, and reviewing construction work.
Advertisement # 39632
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source