Steel Erectors – Winnipeg, MB
We are seeking motivated, hardworking Steel Erectors with experience in construction and/or agricultural construction at our new facility construction site in Winnipeg, MB.
• Review technical plans drawn by engineers and supervisors;
• Layout building components per project drawings, following technical specifications;
• Carry out steel work as directed by site foreman and superintendent;
• Cut and shape steel with grinders and torches;
• Responsibly and safely operating hand and power tools;
• Installing and connecting beams, columns, girts, purlins, baseplates, gussets;
• Laying metal decking, sixing safety netting and edge rails;
• Lifting and guiding components into position with machinery;
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Minimum 2-3 year(s) experience as a Steel Erector;
• Capability of reading blue prints and working at heights/with cranes;
• Training with ariel work platforms, bobcat, and zoom booms,
• Experience with pre-engineered steel structure erection;
• Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment used in steel erecting;
• Specific grain terminal or mill experience considered an asset;
• Experience in bin jacking and bin erection considered an asset:
• Possession of a valid Manitoba Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operator’s License & transportation to and from site required.
PTC offers competitive wages along with the opportunity for additional work in the future. To be considered, please apply directly to the ad or forward your resume with the title “Steel Erectors” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTC Construction, a division of Paterson GlobalFoods, is a leader in Agricultural Engineering with a wide range of experience in the construction of grain and fertilizer handling facilities. We are a fully integrated design-builder managing all project stages including design, construction, and equipment installation.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source