Strategic Operations Specialist
P10 Professional Officer 10
Department of Families
Child and Family Services , Child and Youth Services
Advertisement Number: 37711
Salary(s): P10 $82,480.00 – $101,998.00 per year
Closing Date: August 3, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar regular, full-time; term, full-time or part-time positions within the Province of Manitoba and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, with the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba
- Must produce a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search)
- Must produce a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must produce a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Post secondary education in social work or a social science, public policy or management discipline, preferably at a Masters level; other equivalent combinations of education and directly related experience may be considered
- Extensive child welfare experience
- Extensive leadership experience developing, implementing, managing and evaluating programs and policies, with overall accountability for service delivery to clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and strengthen relationships with staff, individuals, agencies, service providers, municipal authorities, Indigenous governing bodies and other government departments
- Experience coordinating and implenting strategic planning that is responsive and improves service delivery
- Human Resource Management experience including managing staff regarding performance, attendance management, and other labour-related concerns
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues effectively to a variety of audiences
- Excellent written communication skills including experience writing clear and concise reports to effectively communicate issues to a variety of audiences
- Experience identifying policy issues, reviewing, recommending and implementing changes to legislation and regulations
- Ability to provide direction for new system integration requirements, project management, and issues management
- Experience coordinating the required program-level analysis in the areas of policy, funding, trend, and data analysis for continuous improvement
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Programs and Services offered by the Department of Families
The Strategic Operations Specialist (SOS) is accountable for providing overall leadership for a comprehensive continuum of child protection services that ensure the safety and well-being of children, families, and communities in accordance with the provisions of The Child and Family Services Act, The Child and Family Services Authorities Act, and The Adoption Act. The SOS is accountable for providing programming and direct services for the entire provincial child and family services system; including investigation, risk assessment, adoption and post- adoption services, criminal risk assessment, service provider and child abuse investigations, placement services, StreetReach programs, and the development, implementation and oversight of provincial training. The incumbent is accountable to ensure that high quality services are delivered in accordance with provincial statutory requirements, policy direction, and budgetary allocations. Responsible for providing advice and support to the Minister and Division Executive in the development of policy, new initiatives and programs which align with departmental priorities; and the provision of advice and support in the management of crises and issues with political acumen. Responsible for serving as the primary liaison for agencies that are utilizing these programs and organizations providing services; including collaborative resolution of complex issues. The complexity of the child welfare system, including the impacts of colonization and the over representation of Indigenous peoples means the Strategic Operations Specialist must be knowledgeable, reflective and willing to listen to promote truth and reconciliation.
Advertisement # 37711
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source