L. Chabot Enterprises Ltd. is a Winnipeg Heavy Construction company specializing in sand and gravel supply and delivery; roadway construction and earthworks projects. We are looking for the right person to join our team and take on this key role.
As part of the CHABOT team, the Supervisor is responsible for overall project site activities and managing the team responsible for the day-to-day construction on the jobsite. The goal is to make sure that productivity onsite is meeting quantity and quality targets for client projects; ensuring that our work results in execution that is consistent, and compliant with specifications. Must have solid background in the field, strong leadership skills and the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions under pressure.
Responsibilities & Duties:
This role is multi-faceted; encompassing direction and supervision of heavy equipment and workforce:
• Organize, direct and control activities on the jobsite
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead by example
• Strong understanding of safety regulations and safe work while ensuring that all safety rules are always being followed
• Schedules workforce and assess manpower needs
• Work closely with the Management team, clients, consultants, inspectors, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to identify, develop, implement and support cost-effective production
• Achieve project schedule milestones, develop accurate forecasts and identify weekly deliverables for own forces to meet project needs. Implement corrective action where necessary to meet key dates.
• Oversee execution of the work, including quality and productivity, by ensuring that the workforce work to achieve specifications.
• Travel within the province of Manitoba as required
• 10+ Years of experience in Heavy Construction, minimum 5+ years in Supervisory role
• Proven ability to manage a diverse, fast-paced worksite and workforce
• Professional and personable
• Detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Organized and efficient and able to work with minimal Supervision
· Ability to communicate clearly verbally and written
• Be willing to take on challenges and responsibilities with a pro-active, positive attitude
This position is offered as a full-time (50+ hrs/week), permanent position, year-round, Monday to Friday day-shifts; Saturdays are frequently required in peak season. The position includes an employer supplied vehicle and cell phone.
We offer competitive industry wages; as a member of our team at CHABOT you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package comprising of full medical, dental and vision care for yourself and your family in Manitoba. This plan includes: long term disability coverage, critical illness insurance, life insurance, and optional RRSP and Pension savings plan. In addition to this, as part of our team you are invited to partake in other incentive programs and activities offered to our workforce.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic workplace with opportunity for growth and personal development, we want to hear from you.
Apply online: www.chabotenterprises.ca/careers and email resume with cover letter including salary requirements.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted for follow-up.
View original article here Source