Support Service Clerk
CL3 Support Service Clerk
Department of Conservation and Climate
Drainage and Water Rights Licensing Branch, Environmental Stewardship
Advertisement Number: 37928
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: August 2, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for clerical (CL3) and will remain in effect until the list is exhausted. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Conservation and Climate is seeking a qualified individual for a Support Service Clerk position located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must present and maitain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba on occasion
- Experience performing administrative and/or clerical duties which may include but are not limited to: reception, answering phones, records management, filing, data entry, general correspondence, etc.
- Experience working with the public and providing customer service to a diverse clientele
- Ability to interpret, explain and apply legislation, regulations, policies and/or procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to prepare, edit and format correspondence with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with SAP, databases or other similar software
Reporting to the Director, Drainage and Water Rights Licensing, this position is integral to the administration of applications, forms, payments, and processing for the branch. The primary role is to provide direct client service to program applicants and to process the information, payments, timekeeping and other clerical duties that support the whole branch.
The position is generally a client’s first point of contact and processes information that is directly related to programs and is also the first point of contact for internal requirements such as working within SAP and following procedures, payments, timekeeping and any other needs for the branch. This position is the only clerical support for the entire branch and the branch provides services across the various needs. This position involves extensive public contact and requires a friendly approach, the ability to empathize with clients and the ability to remain composed under pressure.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Advertisement # 37928
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source