PTC Construction is looking for a self-motivated, dependable individual to join our team as a Survey Technician. As a key member of the PTC team, you will perform surveys at various crop inputs, grain and corporate sites. You will be required to work and communicate with the Divisional Manager, Draftspersons, Construction Superintendents and CEO on a regular basis to ensure PTC’s future planning is linked with job-site realities on the ground. You will be a strong multi-tasker and capable of managing concurrent projects with the assistance of the PTC and Paterson teams. The ideal candidate has substantial surveying experience, preferably in construction and municipal environments.
• Conduct field surveys and operate survey instruments and computer equipment to measure distance, angles, elevations and contours;
• Record Measurements and other information obtained during field survey activities;
• Determine precise geographic locations using global positioning systems and equipment;
• Prepare detailed drawings, charts and plans and survey notes and reports;
• Design and prepare drainage and storm water plans and other civil works;
• Setup, use and maintain survey equipment such as a total station, theodolites, builders level, laser level, GPS and more;
• Light laboring and cleanup duties as required for survey operations;
• Must be able to travel to sites regularly throughout Manitoba to Alberta (will have access to a corporate vehicle for interprovincial travel);
• Have 2-5 years of relevant experience as a field surveyor, preferably with a construction background;
• A University Degree or diploma in Municipal Engineering would be considered an asset;
• Experience with surveying equipment such as total stations, theodolites, GPS;
• Experience supporting the planning, designing and implementation of various civil projects: roads, rail beds, aircraft hangers & parking lots as well as sewer, water, waste & drainage;
• Be fluent in the use of MS Office, and know how to work with AutoCAD;
• Experience with Autodesk Revit would be considered an asset;
• Hold a valid driver’s license and own method of transportation;
• Ability to handle multiple projects with minimum supervision is essential;
• Strong communication, organizational and technical skills;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet monthly deadlines; self-directed & energetic personality.
• Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
• Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
• On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
• Paid vacation and personal days.
PTC Construction, a division of Paterson GlobalFoods, is a leader in Agricultural Engineering with a wide range of experience in the construction of grain and fertilizer handling facilities. We are a fully integrated design-builder managing all project stages including design, construction, and equipment installation.
View original article here Source