System Network Administrator & Desktop Support
Southeast Collegiate, based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, is unlike any other school in Canada. It is a unique facility that not only educates its students, but also houses the student body on site while nourishing the culture of First Nations in many of its day-to-day operations. Prior to the establishment of SEC, there were very few “culturally appropriate” schools in the province that suited the needs of the Southeast Resource Development Council Corporation (SERDC) communities.
SEC is seeking a highly organized and efficient Systems Network Administrator & Desktop Support to add to their team. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations & Human Resources, the Network Administrator is responsible for managing and administering the school’s networks and their integration.
• Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and network-related
problems encountered by end-users of the network, the Internet, PCs and
new computer technology.
• Research, recommend and purchase required software and hardware.
• Configure and install Windows and Chrome devices in response to the
demands of a complex network design.
• Perform primary network system administration on network servers as
needed, ensure cloud backups are completed daily to have critical data
• Install, certify and troubleshoot campus network cabling infrastructure,
including a wide variety of local area network equipment and software.
• Connect with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues;
research and test possible solutions and implement solutions.
• Analyze bugs in system and application software; research and test
possible solutions; implement solutions.
• Optimize computer usage by researching and recommending
enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
• Enforce the school’s network security and installation procedures.
• Configure and maintain firewall to adhere to internet usage policy. (i.e.,
block non-productive websites, etc.)
• Maintain group policy to prevent unwanted computer activity.
• Maintain and add/delete user IDs on the network server; maintain mail
• Maintain security cameras, retrieve data from security PC and provide to
• Train end-users on the use and features of the various operating systems
and applications on the various platforms.
• Maintain a complete inventory list of all computer, monitor, peripheral
devices and electronic components.
• Maintain school website & Eagles/Mikisew website; maintain Panasonic
telephone system – MAC when needed; maintain paging system & sound
• Maintain and develop Google domain.
• Work with and maintain MERLIN Firewall.
• Work towards virtualizing services with MERLIN infrastructure.
• DNA fusion and Engage Software for door system locks.
• Post-Secondary Education in Information Technology, Network Administrator certification, or related studies
• At least 2-3 years of prior experience
• CompTIA A+ or Network+ Certification required
• Google Certification is required
• Oracle and SQL database knowledge is an asset
• Knowledge and experience with the following technologies:
o Window Server 2008 / 2012/2019
o Windows Exchange
o Active Directory
o DNS / DHCP
o Window 7 / 10
o Cisco switches and FortiGate Firewall
• Must be willing to continuously improve and move forward with technology as it develops
• Satisfactory Criminal Record and Child Abuse Check
• Must be willing to be certified in First Aid, CPR and any other certifications required
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Teri Berry, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes at (204) 934-8822.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to Southeast Collegiate in the role of Systems Network Administrator & Desktop Support, please submit your resume in confidence to Teri@legacybowes.com
View original article here Source