SL2 System Analyst 2
Department of Central Services
Procurement Centre of Excellence, Procurement and Supply Chain
Advertisement Number: 36507
Salary(s): SL2 $49,741.00 – $59,557.00 per year
Closing Date: November 9, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and will remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, a defined pension plan, relocation costs as applicable, training, educational support and career development opportunities, among others.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post secondary education in Supply Chain Management, Business Analysis or Management Information Systems. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Proficiency in SAP and MERX.
- Knowledge of administrative principles and practices of department programs and operations.
- Knowledge of the techniques used in work measurement and procedures analysis.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency, with ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Effective time management and demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated political acumen and the ability to foster excellent working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement Systems Administration, the Systems Analyst is responsible for developing systems solutions to resolve procurement related issues and making recommendations on improvement methods. Key responsibilities include developing business requirements for procurement related reporting systems; assisting with the development of test scripts and coordination of user testing efforts; managing operations of procurement related systems, which may include systems such as SAP and procurement tendering platforms (MERX); investigating and documenting issues found in procurement systems to resolve with assistance of system support; developing process related flow charts for managed systems; developing training materials and procedures for new or updated reports or systems; and identifying opportunities for improvements with respect to procurement systems.
Advertisement # 36507
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source