Systems & Technology Analyst
SL3 System Analyst 3
Manitoba Prosecution Service, Crown Law
Advertisement Number: 39147
Salary(s): SL3 $2,082.20 – $2,496.18 bi-weekly
Closing Date: May 22, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit both the Application Form for screening and your Resume to the Civil Service Commission by emai (email@example.com), quoting 39147 and position title in the subject line. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter. If you are having trouble accessing the Application Form please contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the Application Form.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have a valid Class 5 drivers licence and be willing and able to travel by vehicle, airplane or ferries within Manitoba, and available for overnight stays when required.
- Must be able to carry equipment such as PCs, notebook computers, presentation equipment or monitors
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Check, Child and Abuse Registry Checks, Criminal Records and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Post-secondary education related to Information Technology or Business Analysis or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience
- Knowledge of desktop computing within a networked environment, problem solving tools, operating systems, and hardware and software products.
- Knowledge and experience working with video conferencing technology including IP, ISDN, as well as related IT systems, hardware, software, portable and desktop PCs and standard protocols for video communication;
- Experience troubleshooting and providing end-user technical support and training related to computers, operating systems, peripheral equipment, software and team collaboration tools including various Microsoft Office and Office 365 products, various Adobe products, including Acrobat DC, audio and video redaction tools and experience with a variety of surveillance/video player software, used within a networked environment.
- Knowledge of videoconferencing, audiovisual, collaboration, evidence and presentation technologies.
- Experience managing and supporting projects involving workplace technology and providing IT support.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write reports and reference material.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to lead meetings and deliver training.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to abide by confidentiality principles and safeguard restricted information.
- Experience working in a legal, court or police related environment
The incumbent is improves organizational effectiveness by through research, design and implementation of technology solutions to support Manitoba Prosecution Service in progress towards digital evidence management, digital evidence presentation, remote court options and remote testimony. The incumbent will work with counsel, police and other stakeholders to collect requirements and develop strategies and solutions to support efficient and effective incorporation of technology into the courtroom.
Advertisement # 39147
Manitoba Justice HR
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source