AN1 Audit Accountant 1
Advertisement Number: 37045
Salary(s): AN1 $52,994.00 – $63,548.00 per year
Closing Date: January 31, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies and will be in effect for twelve (12) months from the date of the interview.
The Tax Auditor position within the Taxation Division offers work-life balance, flexibility in work scheduling, comprehensive benefits, educational support and development, and opportunities for advancement. This is an entry level audit position within the Audit Branch. This position would be of interest to applicants currently enrolled in the intermediate level in a recognized professional accounting program (CPA) or enrolled/near completion of a university degree or other post-secondary education and have received equivalent credits of the intermediate level of a professional accounting program.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Must have the ability to travel extensively within Manitoba by vehicle and/or by air.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers licence and be able to provide own transportation for ground travel within Manitoba.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout Canada and the United States for periods of up to two weeks at a time, and up to six-to-eight weeks total travel per year.
- Completion of post-secondary education in accounting and enrolled in the intermediate levels of the Canadian CPA program. Suitable combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
- Experience in auditing and/or accounting.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with various stakeholders.
- Written communication skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply and interpret legislation.
- Initiative and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a high demand, fast paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook.)
- Experience working with various accounting software.
- Knowledge of the taxation statutes and regulations adminstered by the Taxation Division.
This position involves the audit of small businesses under the various statutes adminstered by the Taxation Division including the Retail Sales Tax Act and the Health and Post secondary Education Tax Levy Act. The incumbent is responsible, with a minimum of supervision, to complete and finalize audits with senior officials of the businesses and will be required to provide interpretations of taxation statutes to taxpayers, accountants, lawyers, and the general public.
Advertisement # 37045
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source