AN1 Audit Accountant 1
Department of Finance
Brandon MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 39835
Salary(s): AN1 $55,983.00 – $67,141.00 per year
Closing Date: March 23, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
An eligibility list may be developed for future similar vacancies (term or regular).
The Taxation division is looking for Tax Auditors in Winnipeg and Brandon. The Tax Auditor position within the Taxation Division offers work-life balance, flexibility in work scheduling, comprehensive benefits, educational support and development, and opportunities for advancement. This is an entry level audit position within the Audit Branch. This position would be of interest to applicants currently enrolled in the intermediate level in a recognized professional accounting program (CPA) or enrolled/near completion of a university degree or other post-secondary education and have received equivalent credits of the intermediate level of a professional accounting program.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively within and outside of Manitoba by vehicle and/or by air.
- Completion of post-secondary education in accounting and enrolled in the intermediate levels of the Canadian CPA program. A suitable combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
- Experience in auditing and/or accounting to support the training and completion of audits.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaborative and respectful relationships and partnerships with internal and external personnel.
- Excellent verbal communications skills to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Skillful written communication competence to proofread, edit, and create various types of documents, including letters and reports.
- Experience in explaining and applying legislation and regulations to support correct application of legislation.
- Excellent organizational skills to work with minimal supervision in a high demand, fast paced environment, and to meet prescribed deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) to create and review various types of documents.
- Experience working with various accounting software.
- Knowledge of the taxation statutes and regulations administered by the Taxation Division.
Under the general direction from the Audit Supervisor the Tax Auditor is responsible for;
• Complete and finalize audits with senior officials of the businesses
• Provides practical audit field training to new/junior tax auditor’s in the Audit Section.
• Support the Interpretation of taxation statutes to taxpayers, accountants, lawyers, and the general public.
• Function as part of an audit team performing more complex audits within and outside the province as scheduled by the Audit Supervisor.
• Prepare analysis and other documentation in order to substantiate charges or assessments under various taxation statutes; may be required to appear in court.
Advertisement # 39835
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Please specify which location you are applying to (Brandon or Winnipeg).
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source