Teacher of the Deaf
TF1-3 Teacher of the Deaf
Department of Education
Manitoba School for the Deaf, Student achievement & Inclusion
Advertisement Number: 36951
Salary(s): TF1-3 $62,186.00 – $84,088.00 per year
Closing Date: January 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Manitoba School for the Deaf is currently seeking to fill one full time term position. Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Teacher of the Deaf position involves teaching school subjects to Deaf and Hard of Hearing children in a Junior, Kindergarten to Grade 12 bilingual-bimodal-bicultural school. It includes responsibility for instruction, learning and assessment of students following curriculum as established by Manitoba Education.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have or be eligible for a Manitoba teaching certificate.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Eligibility for certification by the Canadian Association of Educators of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (CAEDHH).
- Masters degree in Deaf and Hard of Hearing education (TF3), Bachelor of Education and diploma in Deaf and Hard of Hearing education (TF2), or Bachelor of Education (TF1). A suitable combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience teaching and/or working with Deaf and Hard of Hearing students.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with the K-12 Curriculum and with modifying or adapting learning outcomes.
- Experience working with students with multiple challenges and developing Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals.
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy.
- The ability to work effectively as part of an educational team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of bilingual-bimodal-bicultural programming.
- Special Education Certificate.
Teachers of the Deaf are responsible for providing instruction, learning, and assessment of Deaf and Hard of Hearing students. A detailed position description is available upon request. Teachers accept responsibility for instruction, learning and assessment of students in classes of Deaf and Hard of Hearing students as assigned. Teachers must follow curriculum as established by the Department of Education, modify curriculum as required to meet student needs and may have to develop curricula for individualized programs or school initiated courses.
Advertisement # 36951
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source