MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
TEAM LEAD – YOUTH PROGRAMMING
October 6, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the National Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Team Lead – Youth Programming position within our Métis Employment & Training Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. The Team Lead assigns tasks, sets deadlines, identifies priorities and provides leadership, mentorship, guidance and support to Youth Programming staff throughout the province in order to ensure effective and consistent delivery of MET youth programs and services.
• Provide youth programming coverage for Regional Youth staff should there be vacancies in positions to ensure there is minimal disruption of client services;
• Monitor and ensure that Youth staff are completing and submitting their monthly reporting requirements accurately and in a timely manner;
• Assist in coordinating the training and professional development activities of the Youth programming staff;
• Assist the Regional Youth staff with the development of annual work plans and monthly and annual reports;
• Provide reports on department activities and results, including statistics, financial status of programs provided, department goals and objectives, complete with recommendations;
• Oversee the distribution of correspondence and related information of the department to the Regional Youth Programming staff;
• Participate as a part of the MET-Youth Programming Management team in meetings, training, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience with emphasis in leadership and administration;
• Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory or administrative experience with demonstrated experience leading teams;
• Demonstrated ability to deliver programs with a minimum of 2 years’ project management experience;
• Experience interpreting financial statements and reports and an understanding of basic financial and accounting practices;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
• Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
• Knowledge of Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Thursday, October 20, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source