IS2 Technical Analyst
Office of the Auditor General
Office of the Auditor General
Advertisement Number: 36825
Salary(s): IS2 $60,824.00 – $78,716.00 per year
Closing Date: December 11, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list will be created for any IS2 positions that become available in the 6 months following the competition
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly, established under The Auditor General Act. At the OAG, we pride ourselves on positively influencing public sector performance through impactful audit work and reports. Our work goes beyond the bottom line. As legislative auditors, we serve the Manitoba Legislative Assembly, and in turn, all Manitobans. We offer an exciting and rewarding work environment by providing challenging assignments, training and development opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package and a healthy work/life balance. A healthy work/life balance to us means overtime is a rarity, flexible scheduling and the option of voluntary reduced work schedules.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Crimnal Record Check
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Extensive experience providing end-user technical support and training related to computers, mobile devices, peripheral equipment, applications and documentation
- Experience in implementing, configuring and managing software applications (e.g. audit management system, timesheet system, SharePoint, WordPress, mobile device management, data analysis software, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Exchange)
- Experience with network and system security safeguards including identifying problems and implementing solutions related to networks, security, servers, network hardware and software, and cloud computing infrastructure
- Experience with server/computer operating systems (i.e. Linux, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 and higher), virtualization (i.e. VMware Vsphere version 6 and higher) and databases (Microsoft SQL server 2016 and higher).
- Experience working effectively in a team environment
- Strong communication skills to communicate technical IT concepts with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Capacity to deal effectively with the rapidly changing area of IT through innovation and creativity.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, standards of personal conduct and ethical behaviour
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing and conflicting priorities to ensure service delivery on time
- Security-related designation (i.e. CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)) would be an asset.
Working as part of the team with the Infrastructure and Application Support managers, the Technical Analyst is responsible for implementing and maintaining the OAG’s Office network components, system infrastructure, communication devices, applications, security controls and other end user hardware and equipment. In addition, the Technical Analyst assists with the secure implementation, configuration and maintenance of all core applications, databases, and assists with implementing IT solutions, infrastructure, operations and security projects. The Technical analyst will identify Iand evaluate IT industry trends and proactively present these to the IT managment team.
Advertisement # 36825
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source