Trades Helper *Extended*
TRH Trades Helper
Department of Environment, Climate and Parks
Eastern Region, Manitoba Parks
Falcon Lake MB
Advertisement Number: 40123
Salary(s): TRH $1,517.60 – $1,778.40 bi-weekly
Closing Date: December 11, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in the South Whiteshell and will remain in effect for up to 12 months.
Your resume and application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be physically capable of performing all duties related to the position, including lifting approx. 50 lbs in weight.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, shift work and Statutory Holidays as required, and be willing to travel occasionally with overnight stays.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Experience in the duties of carpentry, building construction and maintenance.
- Experience in the duties of painting.
- Experience in plumbing installation, repair and maintenance.
- Experience in cost/material estimates and ordering of material.
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Training certificates and/or documents in carpentry, painting and plumbing.
- Working knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health procedures and practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with coworkers and with the public.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience maintaining inventory of parts, equipment and project materials.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and/or equivalent software.
Under the direction of the Park Works Supervisor and/or Designate, the incumbent performs semi-skilled work of more than ordinary difficulty using acquired skills including: minor plumbing, painting and carpentry repairs and routine maintenance as required: miscellaneous duties as required to sewer and water systems as well as other infrastructure; maintains inventory of parts and equipment necessary for related jobs; performs routine maintenance and repairs to infrastructure; assists in year round park recreational programs and services; performs other duties as assigned.
Advertisement # 40123
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source