TRH Trades Helper
Department of Environment, Climate and Parks
Manitoba Parks, Parks and Trails
Spruce Woods Provincial Park MB
Advertisement Number: 39695
Salary(s): TRH $1,517.60 – $1,778.40 bi-weekly
Closing Date: September 16, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Manitoba Parks is seeking qualified individuals to fill Trades Helper (TRH) position based out of: Spruce Woods Provincial Park
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of position which may include lifting, occasional lifting of heavy items, bending, reaching, standing and working in various types of outdoor conditions and confined spaces.
- Must be able to work with paints, solvents or chemicals and wear personnel protective equipment as/when required.
- Must be ready, willing and able to work evenings, weekends, statutory holidays and overtime as required as well as travel and work in other outlying areas within the Region
- Spruce Woods Provincial Park: Must possess and maintain Manitoba Class 1 Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection and Treatment Certification. (Or be willing and able to acquire and maintain certification within three (3) years of the employment start date. In order to register for courses to obtain certification, Grade 12 education, GED diploma or approved apprenticeship completion is a pre-requisite.)
- Experience performing and/or assisting with the tasks of one or more trades such as plumbing, carpentry, or mechanical related work and use of the associated tools.
- Experience performing grounds maintenance i.e. mowing grass, trimming trees and landscaping.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of equipment (light pick up & crew cab trucks, sewer trucks, tractors, mowers, sprayers, chainsaws, gas powered trimmers).
- Ability to work independently and effectively under minimal supervision.
- Experience performing janitorial duties.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Knowledge of Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of public water and wastewater systems.
Under the supervision of the Park Works Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of tasks, involving the regular use of tools to perform trades work such as plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and other tasks, related to maintenance, operations and construction activities within Spruce Woods Provincial Park and occasionally other Provincial Parks areas within the Region. Under the guidance and direction of the Park Works Supervisor the incumbent ensures that the water and wastewater systems are operated, maintained and repaired as per established guidelines, regulations, standards and code.
Advertisement # 39695
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
For a detailed position description please contact: Darlene.Lamoureux@gov.mb.ca
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source