Trades Licensing Clerk
CL3 Trades Licensing Clerk
Inspection & Technical Services,Community Planning, Permitting & Development
Advertisement Number: 38416
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: December 20, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Completion of a post secondary administration or business program, or a suitable combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience providing administrative/clerical support where the duties included reviewing client applications, processing cash payments, and reviewing information for accuracy and discrepancies.
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information, such as credit card information, personal records, application forms, licenses.
- Experience with databases including entering data and generating reports.
- Experience with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience interpreting policies, procedures, and standards.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to organize, priorize, and complete work with accuracy and to deadlines.
- Strong verbal communication skills to maintain effective working relationships with the public and various stakeholder organizations.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience working independently with limited supervision.
The Trades Licensing Clerk receives and processes all applications and correspondence related to trades licenses and generates quarterly and yearly reports for statistical purposes. The incumbent responds to clients seeking information on trades licensing requirements and provides administrative support to staff.
Advertisement # 38416
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source