Traffic Operations Engineer *REVISED*
EG5 Engineer 5
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Engineering and Technical Services
Advertisement Number: 38909
Salary(s): EG5 $94,074.00 – $119,568.00 per year
Closing Date: April 3, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Must be a registered member (or eligible for registration) with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Must have the ability to travel throughout the province by air, marine, or ground transportation
- Bachelor-level degree in Engineering (Civil preferred) or equivalent Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba qualifications.
- Experience in the business of traffic engineering with related experience in highway planning, design, construction, and maintenance, in both urban and rural settings.
- Experience in managing financial resources.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Knowledge of Occupational, Safety, Health & Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to create, support, and sustain an environment to enable staff to achieve results.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to establish and maintain effective, positive and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
The Traffic Operations Engineer reports directly to the Director of Traffic Engineering and is the key department position responsible for the approval and delivery of specialized Traffic Engineering Programs in support of Highway Regional Operations, Water Operation and Engineering projects, Norther Airports, and department initiatives including: traffic signing, traffic signals, illuminati northern airports runway lighting and precision approach systems, temporary traffic control and ITS (Intelligent transportation System) standards. The position is a key member in the Branch’s senior management team (along with the Director, Traffic Services Engineer, and Branch Administrator) which is collectively responsible for overall branch management. This position also provides specialized engineering expertise to the Department for a wide variety of Traffic Engineering regional operations on the Provincial Highway system through responsibility for the development, maintenance and update of relevant Traffic Engineering policies. The position is also responsible for co-ordinating the development of the Traffic Engineering Branch annual and projected multi-year programs, including responsibility for tracking progress and making mid-stream adjustments. This position is also responsible for the management of the Traffic Engineering Branch’s maintenance and operations Budget.
Advertisement # 38909
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source