Training and Development Officer
TDO Training and Development Officer
Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade
Workforce Training and Employment , Workforce and Industry Programs and Partnerships
Advertisement Number: 40526
Salary(s): TDO $65,458.00 – $82,215.00 per year
Closing Date: February 4, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for future regular or term position, and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Workforce Training and Employment branch within the department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade provides a wide range of labour market services to individuals, communities, and businesses throughout Manitoba. The Branch plays a lead role in helping Manitobans prepare for, find and keep employment, including support for training to meet labour market needs. Workforce Training and Employment is currently recruiting for a Training and Development Officer (TDO) to develop, deliver and coordinate a continuum of training and professional development modules that will support a multidisciplinary team responsible to provide front line and indirect employment related services to Manitobans. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have a valid Manitoba class 5 driver’s license
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Education, Public Administration, Social Services or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience designing and implementing training programs, as well as instruction practice using a variety of delivery modalities.
- Experience evaluating programs to assess effectiveness related to adult training and employment and provide recommendations to management.
- Experience in project management including consulting, planning, development and implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and develop productive and respectful relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders, including Indigenous communities.
- Excellent written communication skills, with an ability to communicate programs and policies to clients and stakeholders.
- Strong oral communication skills with experience delivering presentations to various audiences to convey program-related information and instruction.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and adapt to conflicting and tight deadlines.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills demonstrating sound judgement.
- Demonstrated conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Labour Market development conditions, issues and practices.
The Training and Development Officer is responsible for the coordination, development and delivery of staff training. This will be accomplished by assessing the changing needs of the branch, staying current on career counselling and employment services models and developing and delivering staff training in response to identified needs. The position also provides support and expertise for a wide range of activities through joint planning and coordination to ensure compliance to legislation and alignment of programming to government priorities within Manitoba’s changing labour market conditions.
Advertisement # 40526
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source