TS2 Translator 2
Department of Families
Translation Services, Francophone Affairs Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 39130
Salary(s): TS2 $70,470.00 – $88,948.00 per year
Closing Date: May 29, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This position is designated bilingual. The successful candidate must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in both official languages (English and French).
Translation Services is a central agency mandated to provide translation, interpretation and terminology management services in English and in French to all government departments, the Legislative Assembly, the Courts, Crown organizations, and Special Operating Agencies in Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to function fluently in English and French
- Ability to work outside regular office hours (evenings, weekends, statutory holidays and overtime) as required
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Successful completion of a degree in translation. A combination of a degree in a related discipline and relevant experience may also be considered
- Professional experience translating and revising in a wide variety of subject areas
- Experience using computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience using translation memory software / computer assisted translation tools
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adapt to unforeseen changes in schedule and interruptions, establish priorities, and meet deadlines within tight timeframes
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and build and maintain good working relationships and tactfully interact with others
- Excellent written communication skills in both English and French
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Membership in an association affiliated with the Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council or the Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec, and/or possession of a nationally recognized accreditation
- Experience working with a terminology database
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s cultural and linguistic context
This position includes the revision and translation of specialized as well as highly sensitive documents such as the Provincial Budget and the Speech from the Throne. This involves working as part of a team and the ability to respect extremely tight deadlines. The incumbent will also be asked to answer inquiries or questions from clients and freelance translators.
Advertisement # 39130
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source