Transport Services Worker
SK3 Transport Services Worker 3
until April 23, 2021
Department of Families
Manitoba Developmental Centre, Community Service Delivery
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 36806
Salary(s): SK3 $41,071.00 – $47,562.00 per year
Closing Date: December 22, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar part-time and/or full-time term, or casual positions at the Centre and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Located 45 minutes west of Winnipeg, in the City of Portage la Prairie, the Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), a branch of the Department of Families, is an accredited facility providing residential care, supervision and developmental habilitation for adults with intellectual disabilities. On-site interdisciplinary teams provide a wide range of services to residents to ensure that every individual’s needs are met and that his/her quality of life is enhanced. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long-term disability, group life insurance, supportive employment, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a Valid Class 4 Driver’s Licence
- Must be able to work shift work inclusive of days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be able to perform the physical duties required of the position including lifting, pushing, pulling, moving and/or handling loads up to, and at times exceeding, 75 lbs on a regular basis and working outdoors in various environmental conditions.
- Must provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Experience providing transportation services, in a commercial environment, including the pick-up and delivery of supplies and persons, the utilization of dispatch communications systems, providing courier services and undertaking minor vehicle maintenance
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and legislation specific to the transportation of goods and vehicle safety, maintenance and operation
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to make decisions within an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skill
- Ability to train and mentor staff
- Experience working with persons with intellectual, physical and/or developmental disabilities
- Experience with the operation and general maintenance and repair of office furniture and housekeeping equipment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Excel or equivalent software applications
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Manager, the Transport Services Worker is responsible for the safe operation of a variety of vehicles working on rotational shifts to provide timely transportation of residents and goods. In addition, the incumbent may be assigned other duties including the care and maintenance of vehicles, transportation and maintenance of government records and property, housekeeping duties, material management duties and dispatch responsibilities for vehicles, keys and drivers. The Transport Services Worker will participate as a team member to perform a variety of tasks in the promotion of resident-centered care.
Advertisement # 36806
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source