Treasury Board Analyst
P8 Professional Officer 8
Analytical Services Unit, Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 37268
Salary(s): P8 $73,307.00 – $89,686.00 per year
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Treasury Board Secretariat is a key central agency leading Manitoba’s journey to fiscal sustainability. At this pivotal time in government’s history, we are offering unique opportunities for engaged and energetic people looking to leap forward in their careers and gain new experiences and skills.
The Treasury Board Secretariat provides analytical support to Treasury Board, a committee of Cabinet responsible for the overall fiscal management and reporting of government and the establishment of policies required for the effective management of public funds. The Secretariat is a key participant in the development of fiscal strategy, analyzing departmental budgets, providing guidance to departments to ensure they meet fiscal guidelines and evaluating alternative funding and service delivery strategies.
A Treasury Board Analyst position will be of interest to individuals who are motivated and proactive in their approach, can apply superior critical thinking and proven analytical skills to complex issues and problems and have an interest in seeking ways for improvement throughout all aspects of the operation of government.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- A relevant degree preferably at the graduate level. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience conducting research, analysis and providing recommendations on a variety of issues, including the relevance and impact of government policies.
- Extensive direct work experience undertaking complex financial analysis and / or program review.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Political acumen skills and tact in dealing with complex and sensitive issues.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information, multi-task, and adapt to changing priorities to successfully operate within a deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of government organization and financial processes.
- Experience in project management.
The incumbent will:
– provide analysis, recommendations and advice to Treasury Board, senior management and/or other government officials on a variety of complex program and financial issues.
– undertake financial projections and variance analyses and prepare briefing material for senior management and Treasury Board.
– establish and independently manage strong working relationships with departmental personnel and senior government officials, and assist and advise departments on appropriate guidelines, procedures and directives.
Treasury Board Analysts are often assigned complex portfolios with high profile program and policy issues that require an extensive understanding of both programming and financial impacts of decisions. The issues within these complex portfolios are significant and require extensive research and analytical expertise. A position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 37268
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source