Posted: March 8, 2021
Region: Winnipeg, MB
Company: Barkman Concrete
Job Location: 901 Gateway Rd, Winnipeg, MB
Job Type: #
People Skills: You will have a positive attitude, willingness to help customers and co-workers, be punctual with a commitment to good attendance and the ability to work with others to problem-solve. Whether it’s at Barkman, on a sports team, youth group or involvement in community activities – teamwork is important to achieve goals.
Focus on Quality: You will have an eye for detail and take pride in your workmanship. Barkman takes pride in what we do therefore, a high level of commitment and a can-do attitude towards quality is a vital requirement for this role.
Capacity: You will understand the importance of time management and work ethic towards getting tasks completed to meet production requirements with high-quality standards. Some of the responsibilities for this role may include:
· Working with sales and production to review orders and planning efficient delivery routes
· Operating a truck, forklift and truck crane for loading and unloading product
· Following all regulated safe driving, vehicle maintenance, crane operation and cargo securement practices
· Installing steps mostly at residential locations which includes ensuring ground is prepped, the step will lineup correctly with the structure, attaching the step to the building and assessing that the install meets the customer’s quality expectations
· Communicating and problem solving with on-site customers, install helper, sales and production in a professional, positive, customer-focused manner
· Assisting sales in collecting site information such as measuring structures for future step production or confirming if a site will be ready for step delivery
· Being the lead of the install team completing site inspections, ensuring safe work procedures are followed, time management of installs and being respectful of worksites and others on site
· Required to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, high visibility vests, safety shoes, hearing protection and respirator for specific tasks Successful candidates will have:
· A minimum of a Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement (required)
· Knowledge of construction, reading blueprints and being familiar with building sites is a benefit · Experience with cranes or off-loading equipment is an asset along with familiarity with driving throughout the city of Winnipeg
· Ability to start work at 6am, for a minimum 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday. · Flexibility on overtime as it is dependent on how installs are going that day.
· Capability of physical activities including: working outside in all seasons, walking, standing, kneeling, bending, lifting up to 50lbs, reaching, using both arms/hands to operate equipment, digging and climbing ladders in and out of basements Barkman offers you group insurance, a retirement savings plan, product discounts and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com Please apply by submitting a resume along with driver’s abstract (please note we will be conducting interviews as resumes are received). By email: email@example.com
Website: www.barkmanconcrete.com/careers In person: 901 Gateway Road, Winnipeg, MB, office hours 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted Apply To: Human Resources
Phone: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org View original article here Source
Posted: March 8, 2021