Job Title: Truck driver, tractor-trailer
Company: Sahib Transportation Inc.
Salary: $22.00 hourly for 40-50 hours per week
Term of employment: Permanent, Full time, Day, Evening, morning, weekends, on call, overtime
Start date: As soon as possible
Education: Secondary school graduation certificate
Experience: No experience required. Will train.
Credentials: Driver’s license (class 1 or A)
Main duties/Specific skills:
• Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short inter-urban routes.
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods.
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting goods.
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
• Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
• Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
• May perform emergency roadside repairs
• May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo
• Receive and relay information to central dispatch
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
Address customers complaints or concerns and provide professionalism in customer service
Accident or incident reports, trip reports, maintenance and repair reports, Driver log book
Weight Handling: Upto 20 kg( 44 lbs)
Security and safety: Driver’s record check (abstract)
Transportation/Travel information: Valid driver’s license, own transportation
Effective interpersonal and communication skills, Flexibility, Client focused, Reliable, Organized
Work conditions and Physical capabilities:
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, attention to detail, sitting, large workload
Own tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Type of trucking and equipment: Tractor –trailer
Transportation/Travel experience: Regional; National; International; provincial/territorial; short-haul; long-haul
Employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
How to apply:
Email your resume with a cover letter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: 9-111 Paramount Road, Winnipeg, MB R2X2W6
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source