Trust Accounting Clerk
AK2 Accounting Clerk
1 position at Community Safety Division, Winnipeg
1 position at Headingley Correctional Centre
Corrections, Community Safety
Headingley MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 36493
Salary(s): AK2 $48,720.00 – $55,964.00 per year
Closing Date: April 28, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This position is responsible for overseeing the operation of the Inmate Trust Accounting System including, analyzing monthly financial statements, maintaining sufficient profit margins, preparing Unit budgets, cash flow and variance reporting.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (email@example.com) quoting 36493 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience with trust accounting and accounts payable, including monthly/year end reconciliations, financial statement preparation, budget and cash flow development and variance reporting, expense claims, posting and balancing general ledgers.
- Extensive organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize assignments to meet workload demands and deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience and proficiency with MS Office, specifically Excel
- Experience working with an automated accounting system (such as Trust, SAP or other information Management Systems) including data entry and compiling reports
- Knowledge of government accounting policies and procedures including the Financial Administration Manual and General Manual of Administration
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills using sound judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Successful completion or partial completion of a professional accounting designation and/or formal accounting education from a recognized institution
- Experience with being a team lead
This position oversees the operation of the Inmate Trust Accounting System, accounts payable function, operational spending, maintains cash flows, performs various reconciliations, procurement activities, and purchase commitments. This position will provide functional direction and advice to Trust Accounting Clerks (AK1) in all matters relating to the trust accounts.
Advertisement # 36493
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source