On behalf of our client, Health Sciences Centre Foundation we are searching for a Vice President of Finance to join their team in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
ABOUT HEALTH SCIENCES CENTRE FOUNDATION
Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg is a Shared Health Facility, and is Manitoba’s flagship hospital with specialized support for trauma, neurosurgery, burn, transplant, and psychiatric health.
The Health Sciences Centre Foundation (HSCF) rallies individual, corporate, and institutional donors in support of HSC Winnipeg – Manitoba’s hospital. By inspiring Manitobans to donate, the HSC Foundation enhances patient care and accelerates innovation at HSC through the acquisition of state-of-the-art technology, the development of new clinical spaces, and the promotion of groundbreaking research. Through specific, timely, and essential investments, the HSC Foundation helps to deliver tomorrow’s health care, today.
HSC Foundation donors improve the care and facilities at HSC for patients and their families from Manitoba and beyond.
HSC Foundation specializes in innovative health care. Since the organization’s inception in 1976, over 54,000 donors have provided over $192 million in heartfelt gifts to support compassionate patient care, innovative research, new clinical research facilities, cutting-edge technology, and training opportunities for their medical and scientific teams.
Thanks to remarkable support from the community, the Foundation has a tremendous impact on patient care in our province, and makes a profound difference in the lives of patients and families who visit HSC every day.
ABOUT THE VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President of Finance is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Finance and Lottery teams, as well as day-to-day management of the Finance, Investment and Lottery functions of the organization. As a member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Finance advises on a wide range of financial issues for the organization and actively participates in problem solving and decision-making for a variety of strategic and operational issues. The Vice President of Finance leads the financial planning, financial reporting and accounting, financial performance and business planning and facilities support functions for the HSC Foundation.
The Vice President of Finance will:
- Provide management oversight of the finances and investments of the HSCF
- Establish new fund agreements and ensure reporting and accountability for all restricted and endowed funds
- Effectively supervise the Finance team (3 positions) and Lottery team (3 positions)
- Perform other related projects/duties as required
KEY LEADERSHIP ACCOUNTABILITIES
Strategic Leadership and Planning
- In collaboration with the senior management team, bring financial specific issues to the planning table and develop a practical strategic plan clearly defining and describing the vision and mandate of the HSC Foundation, its strategic directions and operational priorities
- Establish a system and process to identify the current and future financial and corporate service needs of all departments and functions within the HSC Foundation
- Based on this understanding, recommend new practices and/or innovative opportunities in alignment with summary budgeting and financial reporting
- Working closely with the finance and operations team, develop and approve organization-wide policies and procedures and ensure data and information are brought forward to inform the development of financial, procurement, security and risk management policies
- Establish key financial performance measures and targets, and a system to collect, analyze and report progress against these measures
Work with the executive management team to clearly define the desired culture for the HSC Foundation and the specific behaviors that will support the establishment and sustainment of this culture
Financial, Investment and Fund Management
Provide reporting to senior management and the Board of Directors
Oversee the annual budget process with support from the Director of Finance, present the annual budget to the Finance & Audit Committee and Board of Directors for approval and ensure the budget supports the HSC Foundation’s Strategic Plan
Provide direction and oversight of the Director of Finance to ensure compliance with reporting, receipting, and timely financial reporting to internal stakeholders and donors
Working with the staff of the HSC Foundation, establish and implement internal controls, finance policies and procedures to ensure that the organization’s day-to-day operational activities are efficient and effective, secure, and are in-line with approved strategic initiatives and budgetary allocations
Act as key staff contact for HSCF’s Investment Management Sub-Committee, and the liaison with HSCF’s fund managers
With support from the Director of Finance, ensure reporting and accountability for restricted and endowed funds
Support the President & CEO to confirm and manage capital projects for fundraising initiatives supported by HSC Foundation
Board of Directors Support and Stakeholder Relations
Attend board meetings and provide timely reports to support Board committees focusing on management matters when necessary
With the Director of Finance, develop cash planning and investment recommendations for the President & CEO and Board of Directors
Work with internal and external stakeholders to establish new fund agreements and facilitate gifts
Acts as staff resource for the John Buhler Research Centre Condo Board
Oversight of the Director of Special Initiatives and the HSC Foundation’s Lottery programs
Work with the Director of Special Initiatives to confirm partnerships and agreements with lottery vendors
Provide support to the President & CEO on strategic agreements and partnerships regarding lotteries
Act as a contact and liaison with the HSC Foundation’s volunteer Lottery Management Committee
ABOUT THE EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
A post secondary degree in finance or business with Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, complemented by 5 to 10 years working in a senior role leading the finance function. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong proven leadership experience with the ability to supervise and mentor staff, engage staff members and inspire credibility, confidence and build consensus
- Strong project management experience with the ability to develop, monitor and evaluate multiple projects with multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes
- Thorough understanding of CRA guidelines for charities, including receipting and preparation of T3010
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ACCPAC for Windows an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team and to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to multi-task under tight timelines
- High comfort and tolerance to manage stress and role demands
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills; displays good judgment
- Effective at proactively assessing and resolving conflicts
- Proficiency with computerized financial systems, contact management systems and data bases are assets
We ask that individuals with an interest in further exploring this exciting opportunity contact:
Lillian Wong, Senior Manager, Executive Recruitment
View original article here Source