Water Resource Supervisor
WRS Water Resource Supervisor
Regional Water Operations, Water Management and Structures
Minitonas MB, Hodgson MB
Advertisement Number: 37211
Salary(s): WRS $50,525.00 – $58,038.00 per year
Closing Date: March 28, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Water Operations ensures safe and effective provincial water control infrastructure and structures, through the delivery of inspection, planning, design, maintenance, rehabilitation and construction activities. The division is responsible for the overall management of infrastructure inventory that includes: bridges, large culverts, thru-dike culverts, drains, dams, reservoirs, water control structures, diversions and pumping stations. They also provide water management through operation of the provincial water control system, flood forecasting, and development and implementation of emergency response plans.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid class 3 driver’s licence (or obtain within 6 months of employment).
- Must be able to travel frequently to work sites within the province.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor rough terrain environment in both winter and summer.
- Must be able to work in hazardous conditions (near and around construction equipment, roadway traffic, and confined spaces within the floodway gates).
- Must be able to work for extended hours and periods of time and do shift work during flood events.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position (i.e. continuously standing, walking, sitting, lifting and carrying up to 25 kg.
- Experience related to the operation, maintenance and construction of water control infrastructure.
- Experience with inspection of water control structures.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of small equipment, power tools and hand tools.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Occupational, Safety, Health & Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of construction specifications, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts including the public.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Reporting to the District Superintendent, the Water Resource Supervisor is responsible for supervising department staff and retained contractors on project sites for maintenance and construction of Water Control Infrastructure (this includes agricultural drains, dikes, diversions, culvert and bridge crossings, dams, dikes, pump stations and water control structures). The Water Resource Supervisor performs assigned moderate technical engineering related functions and is responsible for independent decisions related to hour to hour operations, insuring department standards, specifications, policies, procedures and sound construction practices are followed, when employed in field operations.
Advertisement # 37211
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source