Web Solutions Consultant
BA1 Business Analyst 1
Department of Finance
ICT Shared Services (ICTSS), Central Finance
Advertisement Number: 39444
Salary(s): BA1 $58,820.00 – $74,064.00 per year
Closing Date: August 28, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Business Consultant – Web Solutions (The Consultant) will assist other ICTSS Business Consultants in the review and analysis of business procedures, systems and workflows; undertake research on web solutions to solve identified business challenges; interpret and evaluate information; and provide recommendations.
The Consultant will provide support and advice to web content managers for their internet, intranet and SharePoint sites, and have a good working knowledge of the best practices involved with web based solutions design, solutions acquisition and support, accessibility standards and compliance methods, search engine technologies, and optimization.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of formal education, training, and experience will be considered
- Experience supporting project managers in the creation and management of formal project plans including the identification and assignment of tasks, estimation of effort, change management, and project reporting
- Analyze, specify and validate the business requirements for the current and future needs of their assigned business areas
- Experience communicating complete ideas, concepts, recommendations, technical and complex information clearly and concisely in a timely manner, at a level consistent with the intended audience
- Experience writing requirements documents using structured templates and process models in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in web design/graphics design/photo editing software/information technology
- Experience and ability to use SharePoint for web design
- Organizational skills with the ability to plan and follow up on priorities.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a team environment
Specific accountabilities and duties for the Business Consultant include:
- Support the Business Consulting team in anticipating business areas’ needs and assist them in understanding and addressing their key strategic challenges through the creative use of ICT products and services, with a focus on web enabled options.
- Conceptualize and promote innovative web enabled business solutions to allow their key stakeholders to achieve their priorities, strategies, objectives and goals.
- Analyze, and validate the business requirements for the current and future needs of their business areas through a consultative process.
- Develop a working knowledge and understanding of how the other business lines in peer organizations (both across Canada and internationally) maximize the value of their investments in technology while achieving service improvements and reducing operating costs.
- Provide project management services for information systems implementations using tools and techniques that conform to the Project Management Institutes’ Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Communicate changes, enhancements and modifications with project managers, sponsors and stakeholders so that issues and solutions are well understood and formally approved.
- Support the introduction and delivery of web enabled ICT products and services and help to identify and manage customer expectations to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop and facilitate the execution of rigorous, documented user acceptance testing processes and procedures.
- Support the creation and updates to client internet and intranet home pages, network with all web editors, approvers and management. This requires ongoing coordination with business units to ensure the implications of changes are unknown including implications on operations and information security.
- Receive, triage and manage requests for web and related services including new pages, sub-sites, and permissions.
- Mentor and coach department staff in the processes and procedures involved with delivery of online services.
- Manages permissions, workflows and creation of publishing sites in SharePoint.
- Follow up with the central Digital Transformation Services (DTS) IT organization and other service providers as required to ensure requests are efficiently addressed.
- Communicate any website outages and advise of any service issues that may arise as a result.
Advertisement # 39444
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source