Manufacturing, Skilled Trades
Are you looking for continuous long-term employment where you can make up to $29.87 per hour, get a comprehensive benefits plan and there is also room for advancement? If you are, VAW Systems Ltd. is where you want to work.
VAW Systems Ltd. is an international leader in the design and manufacturing of noise control and filtration equipment for fans and gas turbine engines. We have over a 40+ year history of building high quality products for customers around the world.
VAW is pleased to offer its employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage and employer paid premiums. We also provide a company matched RRSP program, Employee Assistance Program, on the job training and potential for continuous long-term
employment and advancement within our organization.
VAW continues to grow and is looking for experienced Welder/Fitters to join our fast paced, safety focused, custom manufacturing facility. We have openings on our Monday to Friday Day Shift (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) or Evening Shift (4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.).
• Demonstrate welding & fitting capabilities
• Carry out welding operations, including reading blueprints and weld symbols
• Ability to create product that meets our customer’s expectations
• Position will predominately be welding however there may be times when flexibility to perform other duties will be required
Skills and Qualifications:
• Successful completion of all VAW’s pre-screening assessments including the VAW Welding Test
• Additional MIG welding & fitting experience in a custom metal fabrication environment is an asset
• The ideal candidate will have completed welding training at a vocational or technical training facility
• Thorough knowledge of all types of welding procedures, practices and weld symbols
• Proficient at reading blueprints and using metric tape measures
• Safety focused
• Must be organized, proactive and interact in a positive and respectful manner with co-workers
• Must obtain all required C.W.B. tickets within 6 months (various materials & positions). VAW will facilitate the testing
• C.W.B. transferable welding tickets are an asset
• Knowledge of industrial/commercial fans, noise control and HVAC systems are assets
• Knowledge of Lean principles an asset
• Dental Care
• Extended Health Care
• Vision Care
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-Site Parking
• RRSP Match
• Overtime Pay
If you feel you are the ideal candidate that is needed for this role, please send your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in VAW Systems, however only candidates who are already eligible to work in Manitoba will be considered. Only candidates selected for a weld test and interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source