JOIN THE NORSTAR TEAM! Norstar Industries Ltd. is a family-owned manufacturer of one of the largest product lines of grain handling equipment on the market. We build innovative solutions that help build and feed the world. Norstar prides itself in providing a market-leading product with integrity and quality.
Norstar offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefits including a RRSP/DPSP program, along with opportunities for professional growth and advancement. At Norstar, we succeed together. Join our team and experience the opportunities, growth, and excitement of Norstar!
Do you have strong leadership skills and hands-on welding experience?
Are you familiar with health and safety procedures in a production environment?
As Welding Supervisor, you will organize and supervise welders and welding work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Plan, schedule, and oversee activities of the Welding Department.
• Deliver ongoing training and guidance to all team members and support a positive and respectful team culture.
• Ensure production, quality, and safety targets are met.
• Liaise with the other production departments to ensure production requirements are met.
• Strive for 100% first time pass (zero defects)
• Supervise, train, and motivate production employees
• This person will need to be able to be our Certified CWB Welding Supervisor.
• 5+ years of welding experience.
• 3+ years of experience in an industrial production environment.
• 3+ years of experience in fabrication.
• 2+ years of supervisory experience, excellent leadership skills.
• Strong understanding of engineered welds and a variety of welding processes.
• Track record of achieving deadlines and maintaining quality and safety targets.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate a team.
• Proven ability to manage priorities and efficiently solve problems.
• Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and engineering fabrication drawings.
• Experience in an ERP production environment.
• Experience with continuous improvement.
We thank all applicants in advance, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source